Essay is one of the most common assignments, which you can get in college. This type of paper is used by professors for various purposes, such as examining your knowledge of the particular subject, learning your response or reaction on some issue, checking your ability to work with sources sufficiently, evaluate, analyze, criticize and so on. You can learn the professor’s expectations from the type of essay assigned and the task given. Here you can find more tips on writing grade A+ essay.
Tip #1. Check the assignment.
- The very first thing which you have to do is to check your assignment carefully. Read it several times and make sure that you understand it amply.
- Note that often you do not have just to write a paper on a particular topic but accomplish particular goals like analyzing, synthesizing, summarizing, providing your own position on the issue etc. Make sure that you complete what you are expected to as this is, particularly, what makes the grade for essay.
- If your assignment contains concrete sources, which you have to refer to, you must do so. Also, assure that you know the meaning of each term from the task or essay prompt.
Tip #2. Do not skip the research step.
- The essay completion consists not only of writing but also of pre-writing and post-writing stages. Only if you follow through all the steps you will be sure to get A grade for your work.
- The pre-writing stage involves an exceptionally important part – research. Basically, it means that although you have to develop your personal thesis you need some ground for it. This is why you should check the relevant and recommended literature, note the ideas appropriate for your work and develop your own opinion on this ground.
- The materials from your research can be also used as supporting details for your paper. You can summarize the whole work, paraphrase or cite it as a proof for your point.
Tip #3. Follow the writing rules and structure.
- When you are writing an essay remember that you are becoming a part of academic communication, which is why you should follow the rules of formal writing. Remember to use academic language with appropriate terms; avoid slang words and contractions, refer your ideas to the authoritative sources.
- One of important features of essay is coherence. It means that you must make a point with what you are writing. Make sure that your arguments are reasonable and supporting details and meaningful.
- One more point that is worth to be considered is the structure of your work. When the paper is well-structured it becomes easier for the audience’s understanding, which will show that you respect your reader.
- The extra proof of respect to the reader is providing him with the reasons for caring about your work in the introduction. Explain why this paper is significant and what it can give useful it can give to the reader.
Tip # 4. Proofread and edit.
- Don’t let a beautifully crafted essay to be spoiled with small errors. For this matter, you should spend some extra minutes for re-reading your paper and fixing the mistakes in it.
- If you have enough time we recommend you to give a fresh look to your essay within some time. This is how you will be able to see all the drawback and improve the weak places.