In a daily rush we rarely think about the environment and nature that feeds us and creates all the conditions for our living. The tendency of greening our environment is developing but it is not strong enough yet to change things into better. Resources depletion is a process, which is partly caused by overpopulation - a progression in population growth in spite of the Earth supplying capacities stay the same or reduce. Our article will provide you with more information on overpopulation, such as factors, causes, effects and possible ways to resolve the issue.
Main factors influencing overpopulation.
Here are the key factors, which impact the overpopulation nowadays:
- Mortality rate decreased;
- Improvements in medical care due to growth of technologies;
- Precious sources are constantly decreasing.
Reasons for overpopulation.
- The industrial revolution has resulted in a rapid progress in technological development, which is why nowadays we have better medical facilities for treating people. This caused the decrease of death rate as most diseases that were considered incurable some centuries or decades ago can easily be treated today.
- Technological advancement has also helped us to develop better food production means. Most of processes are automatized today, which is why they take less time for producing more food. It means that the capacity to feed more people has appeared.
- As more people are educated and willing to work today the opportunity to reduce the poverty rates comes up.
- One more medical advancement nowadays is fertility treatment. Almost every woman is given an opportunity to have a child. Women can control the process of their pregnancy, which makes is much safer and the chances to give a birth to a healthy child become more probable.
- Another factor that impacts overpopulation is improper family planning or its lack. The developing countries usually lack knowledge or opportunities of birth control even now. Additionally, the early marriages are popular in there which increases the probability of having more children than in late marriages.
- Overpopulation is the most obvious in developed countries, such as Canada, Australia, the USA and the UK. It is caused by high level of immigration in these countries, which make them overcrowded and short of resources.
Effects of overpopulation.
Overpopulation has numerous results and most of them are negative. Here are some of them:
- Reduction of natural resources. We should note that the amount of water and food is limited and at some extent may appear not to be enough for overpopulated society.
- The more resources we need the more we impact our environment in a negative way. In particular, we cut the woods, hunt the animals and cause pollution of water and air without proceeding with any improvements.
- The environment degrades due to increasing number of vehicles each year. This causes air pollution, which has more serious consequences, such as global warming.
- The overpopulation can also cause international conflicts because of resource control.
- As the labor becomes more automatized from year to year, less hands for doing the same work is needed. This causes the increase of unemployment, which, in its turn, reasons the criminality rate growth.