Reading and writing are the two processes, which will take most of your time during your study. This tendency is fair as reading is an activity that allows you to get information and writing will let you explicate your own position. Basically, these two processes are very closely connected; moreover, they exist in causal linkage: when something is written it is supposed to be read and when you are writing you need something to read. Here you will find tips on how to work with you readings, draft your paper and get you reader satisfied and respected.
Why do we need reading for writing?
- One of the stages usually discussed in writing process is research. For sure, a lot of papers require their authors to make survey, questionnaires etc. However, typically in you are writing an essay, which is a small academic genre; you need just to do some readings.
- Secondly, reading helps you to shape your thoughts into words and find your own position on a particular issue. This is a chance for you to review different opinions, researches and aspects of the topic you are interested in and basing on them to develop your personal point.
- Thirdly, reading also means finding sources for citations or arguments to support your claim. Usually, a student is asked to support his or her own thoughts with citations or examples from literature.
- We recommend you to use authoritative and trusty sources, such as academic publications, books, or journals. Make sure that you organize your references correctly in order to avoid plagiarism issues.
- Essay writing presupposes that you provide your personal opinion about some case, issue or piece of information. Therefore, make sure that you select a topic, which will allow you to find the relevant sources and you can easily provide your arguemented opinion about it.
- You must be aware of the type of essay you are asked to write. There is a range of writing types for this matter, such as argumentative paper, comparative analysis, expository, reflection, response, descriptive or personal essay. Remember that every type has its own peculiarities, which you are to fulfill when completing your paper.
- Writing, in fact, means just scripting the information that you have been previously researching, thinking about and discussing. In order not to forget any essential point we recommend you to make and outline that will include the most important arguments and pieces of evidence.
- Do not forget about the essays structure. Usually, it begins with introduction, which is followed by main body paragraphs, and finishes with conclusion.
Respecting and satisfying your reader.
- The piece of writing will have success if it will be easy to read and interesting to read. Therefore, you should do your best in order to make the piece of information that you bring both useful and exciting.
- The respect to the reader can be showed in different ways. One of the is providing the description or discussion of those points which are up-to-date and the audience is likely to be interested in them.
- Find some surprising or attention-grabbing facts to include in your essays introduction. This is how you will be able to get interest of audience from the very beginning.