Friendship essays are often assigned at high school and college. The peculiarity of this topic is that the angles from which it can be viewed are various and can modify the type of the paper. For example, a friendship paper can work as a personal essay when you tell about your best friend or any friendship experiences you had. Also, it can be a paper on Psychology when you pay attention to different issues raised by friendship. This can be a reflective paper on Philosophy if you review friendship as an abstract notion. We have prepared some writing tips that will help avoid the common mistakes in friendship essays and the list of good topics on friendship for you to benefit from.
Tips on Effective writing
- Friendship is an awesome topic but we recommend that you make it narrower and more specific. For example, you can discuss the male or female friendship, compare friendship and love or get some sociological issues involved in your friendship paper.
- Since all of us have come across with the concept of friendship at least once in our life, we have our personal impressions and opinions on it. You should remember that the essay is a piece of academic writing, so you are required to provide an objective and unbiased position regarding the issues raised.
Add your personal life stories.
Do not use colloquial words and select maximally brief stories.
Express your point of view.
Be tolerant and do not express your emotions too brightly.
Use examples to support your opinion.
Do not include too many examples. Remember that they are not central points in your essay writing.
- The best essay is the one with arguments supported by examples and facts. Considering that you may provide your personal life examples, we recommend that you should be careful with them and make sure that they suit to the context. In case you do not have an appropriate example, you can take into account the statistical data, examples from works of literature or movies, real life facts, which you can find in various sources.
- Regardless of which type of paper you complete, make sure that it possesses a clear and coherent structure, so all your points and arguments can be fully understood by the reader. You should treat your audience as a friend. It is necessary to care about how captivating your essay is and why someone should be interested in reading it till the very end.
Topics for the Friendship Essay Examples
- Is men’s and women’s friendship the same?
- Why do best friends become worst enemies sometimes?
- Is it easy to hurt your friend?
- Your best friend.
- Are you a good friend?
- How to be a good friend?
- The components of friendship: patience and respect.
- Is having the same interests good for friendship?
- What are the best circumstances for people making friends?
- Harmony in friendship: how we can achieve it.
- Envying your friends: the causes and effects.
- Does lifelong friendship exist?
- How to deal with stalking friend?
- Why does friendship sometimes turn into disrespect?
- How can friends avoid quarrels?
- The best day spent with your friends.
- The place where you like to hang out with friends.
- Friendship and honesty: how they co-exist.
- Friend’s advice: do we have to follow it?
- Offending friends and apologizing.
- Online friendship and dating: are they the same in real life?
- Dangers and benefits of online friendship?
- How to be friends with someone with different religious beliefs?
There exist many more topics on friendship. In case you want to find the ideas that would suit your interests best and find the perfectly completed friendship essay examples on them, you are welcome to place an order with CoolEssay.Net
Types of Essays on Friendship: Ideas on Managing Them Easily
Actually, the type of your essay and the topic you choose for it can be mutually determined. It’s okay if you have just raised your eyebrows. Let’s make out what we mean here.
As you know, there are several essay types which differ from each other mostly in the general purpose of writing and the way of presenting the chosen issue. So, if you are assigned to write a particular essay (let’s say, it should be an argumentative paper and not any other one), it can be much easier for you to present all your considerations as well as to select and structure the arguments which would support them.
On the other hand, if you have decided on the topic for your paper and you know how you are going to present it to your reader, it becomes possible to approximately determine the type of this paper. Again, this will help you to build the essay in a neat academic manner, because you understand what you want to say and how you should do it.
Now let’s move from theory to practice.
You can write about the most memorable day you spent with your friend or his/her most significant deed which might had great influence on your relationships or your personal worldview. Tell you reader some background details like the time and place of the main action and explain why you store it so carefully in your memory.
As the name suggests, you can describe your friend’s personality highlighting all its specific features which attract or amaze you. However, try not to turn your essay into dry enumeration of standard good personal qualities. Your friend is definitely unique, so prove it with composing a nice rich story about him or her.
The concept of friendship is quite complex and can be viewed from very different angles. Of course, it isn’t necessary to include them all into your paper making it look like an article from Wikipedia. You can choose those which are the most acceptable for you and analyze them thoroughly.