What Is a Cause and Effect Essay?
A cause and effect essay belongs to expository essay type and is usually written to show the causes and consequences of a certain event in a certain limited sphere or at all. A student writing a cause and effect essay should carry his own analysis of the facts to produce a high quality paper.
Stages of Writing a Cause and Effect Essay
Students, who do not know well how to write a cause and effect essay, often experience some difficulties on certain stages of essay writing.
- 1. Choosing a Topic
You should understand, that the cause and effect essay deal with the event. Thus, you should select an event, regarding which you can ask such questions “What were the reasons for this event to happen?” and “What were the consequences of this event?” You cannot choose an event from future, obviously. The best thing is to choose a topic dealing with past, as you can easily see, the effects clearly, because the time has passed already.
- 2. Starting of the Cause and Effect Essay
It is sometimes not that easy to start writing an essay. Students may get stuck simply not knowing what to write about. In order to avoid getting stuck, one should prepare for writing. This is especially important for a cause and effect essay.
- A. Search for Sources
First you need to find enough information on the event you are writing about. Do not search only for causes and effects, but also check the details of the even by itself. You should deeply understand its nature to find our which causes and effects it might have.
- B. Outline Your Future Cause and Effect Essay
Before you start writing, you should organize the materials and information you have got from sources as well as your personal thoughts on the topic. Outlining will help on this. You should define the main points to include as well as the subpoints and place them in chronological order. Outline performs a function of a skeleton for your essay.
- C. Brainstorm the Filling for the Points of Outline
Not you should fill in each point of your essay outline. You can brainstorm all the ideas on the points, so this will help you to make up an essay. Later you will be able to polish you cause and effect paper to make it appropriate for submission.
Useful Tips for Writing a Cause and Effect Essay
- Use the appropriate language. Remember, that you are working on an academic paper, so there should not be any slang words, or other words, not belonging to the Standard English vocabulary. You can link your essay with the help of words and expressions, such as ‘the cause of’, ‘due to’, ‘the reason of’ (for causes), or ‘so’, ‘as a result’, ‘thus’, ‘therefore’ (for effects).
- Make sure that your essay has a good structure. It should have 3 parts and 5 paragraphs. The body part should be subdivided to causes and effects, and they can be separated by spheres reviewed. One can also select his own basis for the structuring.
Help with Writing a Cause and Effect Essay
You can be sure that our writers are experienced and proficient enough to complete the best cause and effect essay. Therefore, you can always ask us for assistance in writing. Our experts will explain you how to write a cause and effect essay clearly, so you won`t face any issues with such assignment in future.