If you have to study the issue of overpopulation you will need to be acknowledged of such fields as sociology, ecology and geography in order to evaluate its reasons, results and be ready to come up with proper ways to solve the issue. It means that you will need to apply the interdisciplinary approach in order to conduct a reasonable research and complete a worthy paper. You can find more guidelines on writing a research paper on overpopulation in our article.
How to write a successful research paper.
Here are some general rules on research paper writing. Check them before you start investigating any assigned topic.
- Once you get or come up with the topic for a research paper make sure that you have focused on the particular issue, which is neither too broad nor too narrow.
- Focusing on a certain facet means, in fact, stating the research problem. You should do it in a clear and concise manner, as well as completing a research paper itself.
- Check the professor’s requirements, especially, you should pay attention to such points as a referencing style and mandatory sections.
- The referencing style is important for you to know from the very beginning of your work as you will need to gather the required information about the sources, which you use for citation and paraphrasing.
- Usually, the first section of the research paper includes such parts: abstract, introduction, methodology. The paper’s components results, discussion and conclusion describe the work completed. The mandatory segment of every research paper is the reference list, where you indicate all the books, articles and other sources used.
Overpopulation: sociological view.
- As sociology is a science that has many branches you will need to study an economic, political, migration and health care aspects. In particular, you can mention and research the following points:
- Death rate decline as an overpopulation factor;
- Advancement of health care and medicine that allows people live longer and resist diseases more effectively;
- Technological progress that improves means of food production and eases the labor;
- Raising level of immigration to highly developed countries, such as Great Britain, Germany, France, the United States and Canada. This makes them overpopulated while there are other areas in the world that lack population and workforce for better development.
- Nowadays, the treatment of fertility is rather popular that allows women that are single or have other problems with reproductive health to have kids.
- To some extent, overpopulation is caused by inappropriate family planning. There is still a huge number of people that are having difficulties with having as many children as they are able to cater and do not have access to birth control.
Ecological matters of overpopulation.
- Most effects of overpopulation are connected with ecology and environmental state.
- Permanent increase of population results in exhaustion of natural resources as they need more time for the renewal.
- Generally speaking, because of overpopulation and having more automobiles than we used to possess our environment is degrading: such factors as air and water pollution cause greenhouse effect, acid rains and global warming.