Pollution is a topic, which has been studied a lot during last decades as the issue it quite serious and requires a proper research and understanding. Not only the scientist but any ordinary person should be aware of pollution, its causes and effects in order to be able to prevent and resist it. For the same reason, students are often getting the assignments about pollution at colleges, schools and universities. If your task is to complete a persuasive essay you should, first of all, clarify the rules of successful persuasion and be well-informed about your topic.
Persuasive essay writing guidelines.
- Persuasion is one of the key tasks of argumentative writing. When a person selecting the arguments to explicate his or her position regarding the certain issue, they choose those, which seem the most outstanding and trustable.
- Once you selected proper arguments make sure that you have enough evidence to support them. The best ideas for illustrating your arguments are facts, statistics, examples from real life, and citations of sources.
- There is a number of tools to use for persuading the reader. You can check rhetoric tutorial and manuals for them. The general rule is making your writing concise and precise. Clarity of your ideas will attract the reader.
- One more tip is catching the reader’s attention from the very beginning. For this matter, you should know the reader’s interests, preferences and which things can amaze him or her and which will leave indifferent.
Must-know points about pollution.
- Pollution is classified into types, which are: air pollution, soil pollution, water pollution, thermal pollution, radioactive pollution, and light pollution.
- The most discussed today are air, water and radioactive pollution as their causes are clear and the number of preventing methods were developed.
- Although discussed less, light and thermal pollution should not be left without the proper attention as they have a strong impact on our environment as well.
- Light pollution happens for the reason of the excess illumination in the certain area, which makes stars less visible and astronomical observations impossible.
- Thermal pollution is also called a heat pollution and happens due to overload of heat in certain area. It makes the climate change and is caused by such factors as air pollution, cutting off the forests and big amount of factories and plants.
Consequences of environmental pollution:
- Polluting the environment causes environment degrade. Because of smog that does not let sunlight reach the earth plants may have problems in the process of photosynthesis.
- Human health state is largely influenced by pollution as well. For instance, air pollution can cause such diseases and lung cancer or asthma. If the water is hardly polluted it can have a negative impact on skin, especially, sensitive ones. It can result in irritations and more serious issues.
- One of the most significant factors why we should control our polluting the planet is global warming. The change of climate all over the world can lead to unexpectedly serious results such as melting of ice caps and increasing of sea level.