If your task is to complete a persuasive paper about animal right we recommend you to divide your preoperational work into two stages:
- Learning how to write a persuasive essay;
- Stating your position and find arguments regarding the question of animal rights.
Those are the two steps that will let you complete a successful and coherent paper on the requested topic.
How to write a persuasive essay?
- There is a number of persuasive techniques, which can be used in writing and oral speech. To learn more about them you can check any source on rhetoric. Here are some basic tips you can use:
- Appealing to emotions: try to address the reader’s fears, love and sympathy. In case of our topic, you can mention the cruelty of killing animals and remind the audience about the pets they have or used to have.
- Considering connotations. Note that some words have same meaning but different emotional shades. Compare: “euthanize” and “put to sleep”, “die” and “pass away”, “abortion” and “pregnancy termination”. Remember that together with words you choose certain impression that be made.
- Using metaphors: try to make images with your language. They will appeal to the reader’s feelings and imagination and, therefore, will make better impression.
- Add examples. Do not forget to bring evidence together with arguments. The best kinds of it are examples and facts.
Completing an essay on the topic “Animal Rights”.
Here is a brief instruction how you can structure your persuasive paper.
- Represent the problem and state the reasons why the problem of animal rights is sharp and should matter. You can mention such points in here:
- People are accustomed to eating meat.
- Visiting zoos and circuses.
- Wearing fur, silk and wool.
- Buying the pets that we like and accustoming them for the conditions we live in.
- Make your claim about the issue.
“Animal have their rights and humans as species that are characterized by higher cognitive skills and opportunities are to protect them.”
- “Animals have similar feelings as humans do, which is why they deserve to be considered and protected”:
- Naturally, animals are free can easily survive without people.
- Animals have their own feelings and emotions, such as joy, fear, motherly love, pleasure, pain, and loneliness.
- Animals can suffer and be happy in the same way as people do.
- Argument 2.
- “Recognizing animal rights lead to responsibility”
If you accept that animal have their rights, you should consider following consequences:
- One cannot kill animals for eating.
- All animals are equal and none of the species can be selected for killing for food.
- Animal’s part of the body cannot be used as decorations or clothes.
- Technologies are developed enough in order to be used for the hard labor.
Here you can just some up all said and restate your thesis.
“Considering that animal behaviors are extremely close to the human ones, animals must be considered equal with people and among the animal species as well. This fact leads to the certain consequences, which are, in other words, called “animal rights””.