Sociology is a discipline that deals with all the spheres created by people and in which people take part. Therefore, when choosing a topic for a research proposal you should consider such aspects as culture, traditions, family life, communities, social groups, various activities, customs etc. Here are some tips for selecting the research proposal topics:
- Remember that your topic should be disputable: you need not just to describe some issue but to find possible ways for its solution.
- In order to get your reader interested in your research proposal you should feel excited about it as well, which is why we recommend you to select the topic which you are passionate about.
- The third requirement to the proposal topic is your ability to present in-depth knowledge about the chosen research subject. Thus, you should select a topic, which is familiar for you and is able to conduct a research about. Before you start writing check if you can get access to the sources about your particular subject of research.
- Be precise in what you are studying. You must narrow a broad topic into a specific focus that is able to be covered in your paper.
Topics for research proposal in sociology:
Topics about education.
- Dress code in educational institutions.
- Should students wear a school uniform?
- Dress code for teachers.
- The functions of uniform in schools.
- How school uniform can help in developing a feeling of modesty and moral qualities?
- Mandatory tests and their impacts on student’s cognitive skills.
- The best ways to develop memorizing skills at school.
- Co-existing of different social group representatives at school.
- Should authorities allow subcultures in schools?
- Issues of switching from high schools to higher educational institutions.
- Impact of standartized testings on student’s mind and self-esteem.
- Student – teacher relationships.
- Cooperation of teachers and parents in the student’s upbringing.
Topics about culture.
- How do literature bestsellers influence people’s tastes and reading priorities?
- Should fine arts be a mandatory subject at school?
- Influence of assimilation in different kinds of art.
- Cross-cultural experience in art.
- The methods to develop a good art taste in people.
- Influence of mass literature.
- Do we need to have literature for mass consumers?
- The purpose of modern art.
- Can contemporary art teach us anything good?
Topics about health care
- The moral issues of abortion.
- Birth control: pros and cons.
- AIDS / HIV ethics.
- Mandatory health care insurance.
- Should doctors be responsible and punished for their mistakes?
- Doctor and patient relationships.
- Issues of taking care of disabled people.
- Children obesity and ways of decreasing it.
- How to advertise healthy lifestyle?
- Male VS female obesity in the USA.
- Using drugs in medicine.
- Sports and drugs.
- Pros and cons of establishing mandatory health insurance for citizens.
- Advantages and disadvantages of quitting smoking.
- The most effective ways of healing flu.
- How to avoid visiting doctor to often and stay healthy.
- The intercultural issues in nursing ethics.