There are different types of papers that you can complete about patriotism. Usually patriotic writing requires emotional affection from the writer in order for an essay to be persuasive. Also, the popular assignments are creative writings, such as poems or fiction stories, which typically demand original approach and topic. Here are some tips on patriotic paper completion.
How to define patriotism?
- Usually, we understand patriotism as love to a country, which we were born and grew up in. In general, it is an emotional bond with the country, which is characterized by special concern about the homeland’s well-being and care about compatriots.
- We associate patriotism with a range of national symbols, such as anthem, flag, national emblem, coat of arms. Also, there are unofficial symbols: animals, birds, plants, songs, flowers etc. These things accumulate essential information about a certain country and typically refer to archetypes in people’s sub-consciousness.
- If one considers himself a patriot he or she is supposed to defend the country from enemies, take care of its safety and integrity, speak and love the native language, appreciate the national culture. However, those are the general, sometimes, stereotypes characteristics of patriotism, in different cases its revelations may vary from lower to higher extent.
Comparison of nationalism and patriotism.
- Nationalism and patriotism are the trends, which are often considered as synonyms. However, such opinion is not completely correct as although those two ways of loving the country are close but not similar.
- It is stated that patriotism is defensive feeling: one loves motherland without any aggressive intentions. Nationalism is often destructive: one wants to attain maximum power considering his or her nation as the most prestigious one.
- Ideas for creative patriotic writing.
- Describe your feelings when you hear the anthem of your country.
- Which national symbols do you consider the most characteristic for your country and why?
- Describe how presidential elections make you feel.
- What would you miss the most if you leave your country forever?
- Imagine that you are a president of your country. What changes would you make the first? Explain how you imagine the ways to improve life of your compatriots.
- Is it possible to make someone love his homeland?
- Is patriotism a mandatory feeling? Would you disrespect the person if he or she does not have any special feelings to his or her homeland?
- Cosmopolitanism: pros and cons of being a global citizen.
More tips on paper completion.
- Before you start examine your assignment carefully and clarify which type of paper you are supposed to complete. Typically, the topic “patriotism” has following tendencies: composing a poem or a fiction story, defining the concept of patriotism, analyzing the components of true patriotic feeling, comparing patriotism with other trends, such as cosmopolitanism, chauvinism and nationalism, discussing the current issues relates with patriotism.
- Despite which type of paper you select or are assigned to complete, you need to follow the common process of essay writing: learning the requirements, setting the research purpose, conducting a research, outlining, drafting and revising the paper.