Composing an excellent sociology presentation requires the following: a good topic, understanding the assignment, understanding the issue covered, proper writing and persuasive skills. Here we will give you some brief advice on how to find the best Sociology presentation topics, how to write on Sociology issues and how to impress your audience with the text of presentation.
Good Sociology Topics for Presentations
To select one of the topics for sociology papers, you should define your personal criteria: your fields of interests, your awareness of the certain issue and availability of the materials about it.
Look through the list, and if some of the topics interests you, you are free to complete a presentation on it. You will see that besides Sociology most of these topics relate to other academic disciplines as well. However, there is nothing wrong about it.
- Family values and religion.
- The role of dialogue in family.
- Dialogue as treatment for family violence and misunderstandings.
- American family identity.
- Children rights and juvenile justice.
- The pros and cons of juvenile justice.
- Same gender classes: advantages and disadvantages.
- Family rituals, beliefs and myths.
- Truth and knowledge: comparative analysis of two concepts.
- Politics, truth and morality.
- The phenomenon of political correctness.
- What are the limits for political correctness?
- Should art be politically correct?
- Political correctness and censorship.
- Language technique as a component of political correctness.
- Are we responsible for what we write and say?
- Political correctness as responsibility for words.
- Love as a paradox.
- Can love be measured?
- Famous antifeminists movements.
- Main features of feminist philosophy.
- Philosophic grounds of feminism.
- Should art be “gendered”: the role of gender in art
- Why is it useful to be lazy?
- The history of the concept of human leisure.
- How has the concept of leisure influenced the society?
- The problems of modern tourism.
- What is heritage tourism?
- Main tourism destinations nowadays.
- Gastronomic tourism.
Tips on Sociology Writing
- Sociology is a discipline applying accurate methods for researching everyday issues, such as people communities, institutions, activities or customs.
- Even though your topic may seem very familiar to you, make sure that you base your writing on the certain data and do not turn your paper into a philosophical reflection. You should be careful with your focus, as sociology shares its subjects of research with many other disciplines, such as psychology, philosophy, linguistics, literature studies, economics and so on. Writing on good sociology topics requires knowledge of some related subjects.
- If you are working on a paper on sociology, you will need to apply to particular sociology theories or the data gathered. However, you should not stick to those theories completely. Divergences between the ideas of these theories and your views are possible, so you can express your doubts freely. You should remember that societies are developing and changing constantly, so some theories may become out-of-date.
- All academic papers require the writer to include good examples, and sociological writing is not an exception. Find examples to prove the tendencies and to illustrate the deviations from them.
The Ways to Make Your Presentation Effective
- A presentation is quite different from essays and research papers as its function is not just to tell others about an issue but also to present it. This explains another aim of writing: to make a proper impression of your work on your audience. In fact, it is your chance to get your research work recognized.
- Be concise. You do not have to write complex and long sentences in your presentation – let them stay in your notes. The presentation should include just key words and short phrases.
- Make your presentation bright. Use pictures, charts and diagrams in order to illustrate your statements.
- Do not forget to revise your presentation. You may see the need to make some final improvements. If you feel that the presentation does not meet your expectations, go to CoolEssay.Net. We can complete a new one for you, or correct your draft pointing at what was wrong about it.
Rule of the 6
Remember that what you do with the help of PowerPoint is actually the outline of the research you have done and the results you have got. So, if you want your presentation to be both brief and informative, make sure that its one slide contains not more than 6 points, and each point is expressed in not more than 6 words.
Know the Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Here are a few key issues that have enough power to determine the general impression your work may leave on your audience. However, as they concern not the text of your presentation but the way you perform, you may take no notice of them in the hustle and bustle of your preparation. So, let us see how you can manage your performance and make all those guys in from of you enjoy their time.
- First of all, you should remember that the audience’s attention is vitally important for your success. Provide your listeners with the information which they cannot read from your slides. Season your speech with some nice joke or real-life story. Change the tone of your voice to avoid sounding monotonous. Maintain eye-contact and address directly to the audience and not to the floor. This may seem really challenging, so spend some time practicing either in front of the mirror or with your tolerant friend.
- Never ever be sorry for what you have or have not done during your preparation. Even if you know that your presentation does have some insignificant mistakes or inaccuracies, do not draw your listeners’ attention to them. In case you wrote, for example, “2106” instead of “2016”, then, of course, you can mention it in a joking, not apologizing, manner.
- Do not be shy to ask a person to repeat the his or her question if you do not understand it. there may be a problem with the question itself but not with your knowledge of the subject. In case you cannot answer because you lack knowledge/practice/experience, do not be afraid to admit it, but provide the sound reasons why the question is difficult for you. Also, you can ask a counter-question in order to find out the listener’s opinion on the matter.